The First Baptist Church of South Londonderry is a member of the American Baptist Churches of Vermont and New Hampshire. It was organized in 1811, the first church in town, some 30 years after the town of Londonderry was established and has been a solid presence in the community ever since.
The previous building was situated on the hill in the center of the village, overlooking the West River. The brick meeting house was built in 1834 in the federal style. A rear addition was added in 1880 and the basement in the mid 1950s. A highlight of the building was a beautiful 100 year-old painting on the wall at the back of the baptistery. It showed Jesus with a lamb in his arms, portraying the finding of the lost sheep. The building was completely destroyed by a fire on August 3rd, 2010. First Baptist Church began construction on a new building in 2014, and started meeting in it for worship in January of 2018. They continue to work towards completing the entire building.
Chair: Pete Cobb Vice Chair: Jackie Wiley Secretary: Janet Hamilton Treasurer: Tina Labeau Member-at-Large: Elizabeth Labeau